We’re currently looking for additional teachers for the 2021 – 2022 school year!
[Specifically K and 1st grade]
Congregation Agudas Achim in Austin, Texas is seeking creative, enthusiastic, innovative, and dedicated teachers to join our religious school faculty team! We are incredibly excited to come back post-COVID stronger than ever, starting back in person. We are looking for a teacher who is passionate about teaching and wants to maximize the Jewish learning experience for their students. Our goal is to teach values, Torah, Hebrew, and all that Jewish tradition has to offer through an interactive, experiential, and fun format.
Our religious school meets Sunday mornings from 9:30 – 12:00 and our Hebrew program meets Tuesdays (possible other weekdays) from 4:00 – 6:30 PM.
Now that Austin is Stage 3, we will be returning to in-person learning, we will be holding classes almost exclusively outdoors.
Our faculty …
- Attend quarterly teacher staff meetings
- Teach class weekly
- Behave as role models for students
- Prepare lesson plans and content weekly
- Write a brief weekly newsletter for parents
- Participate in check-ins (either over the phone, Zoom, or email) with Education Director
Hours & Pay:
Our teachers will be at Sunday school from 9:00 AM – 12:15 PM (Students arrive at 9:30 AM and leave at 12:00 PM.) Pay starts at $25/hour, commensurate with experience. We include an extra 1 hour of pay outside of teaching to cover time to look over lesson plans, email parents/Education Director, etc.
25 Sundays: September 19, 2021 – May 22, 2022
24 Tuesdays: October 5, 2021 – May 17, 2022
- Previous experience working with children, preferably in a Jewish educational setting
- Ability to use technology and software including (but not limited to) a laptop, projector, Google Docs, YouTube, email, etc.
- The ability to engage multiple types of learners with enthusiasm and empathy
- Ability to relate to and welcome students from all different Jewish/cultural/racial backgrounds
Contact Adra Lustig, Director of Youth Education & Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.