We’re currently looking for teachers and other youth staff for the 2022 – 2023 school year!
Congregation Agudas Achim in Austin, Texas is seeking creative, enthusiastic, innovative, and dedicated teachers to join our religious school faculty team! We are incredibly excited to come back post-COVID stronger than ever, starting back in person. We are looking for a teacher who is passionate about teaching and wants to maximize the Jewish learning experience for their students. Our goal is to teach values, Torah, Hebrew, and all that Jewish tradition has to offer through an interactive, experiential, and fun format.
Our religious school meets in person on Sunday mornings from 9:30 – 12:00 and our Hebrew program meets in person on Tuesdays from 4:30 – 7:00 PM. We also have online Hebrew groups that meet Tuesday afternoons as well (possible other weekdays).
Our faculty …
- Teach class weekly
- Behave as role models for students
- Prepare lesson plans and content weekly
- Write a brief weekly newsletter for parents
- Attend quarterly teacher staff meetings
- Participate in check-ins (either over the phone, Zoom, or email) with Education Director
Hours & Pay:
Our teachers will be at Sunday school from 8:30 AM – 12:15 PM (Students arrive at 9:30 AM and leave at 12:00 PM.) Pay starts at $25/hour, commensurate with experience. We include an extra 1 hour of pay outside of teaching to cover time to look over lesson plans, email parents/Education Director, etc.
Sept. 2022 – May 2023: Exact Date TBA
- Previous experience working with children, preferably in a Jewish educational setting
- Ability to engage multiple types of learners with enthusiasm and empathy
- Ability to relate to and welcome students from all different Jewish/cultural/racial backgrounds
- Ability to use technology and software including (but not limited to) a laptop, projector, Google Docs, YouTube, email, etc.
Contact Shari Frank, Education Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.